- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today - ADAPT focuses on promoting services in the community instead of warehousing people with disabilities in institutions and nursing homes.
- Association of Mouth and Foot Painting Artists Worldwide - International association that helps disabled mouth and foot painting artists distribute and sell their work.
- Center for an Accessible Society - Focuses public attention on disability and independent living issues by disseminating information developed through research.
- Centre for Independent Living in Toronto - Toronto-based organization that helps people with disabilities learn Independent Living skills and integrate into the community
- Crotched Mountain Foundation - New Hampshire foundation dedicated to assisting children and adults with disabilities achieve growth and independence though the latest in rehabilitative services.
- Independent Living - News, views and practical information on all issues related to independent living. Designed for the elderly, physically disabled, carers and care professionals.
- Institute on Independent Living - Promotes opportunities for persons with disabilities to gain personal and political power, self-determination, full participation and equality through information, training materials, consultancy and technical assistance.
- Sam Sullivan Disability Foundation - Canadian foundation helping people with disabilities live fuller lives now and improve the quality of their lives.
- The Whole Person Inc. - A private, nonresidential, non-profit corporation providing independent living services to residents of Kansas and Missouri. Services promote consumer control and choice, independence, self-reliance, self-help and community integration.
- Toward Independent Living and Learning - TILL is a private, not-for-profit agency that develops and operates programs and services for people with physical as well as mental and developmental disabilities in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- World Institute on Disability - WID is a nonprofit, international public-policy center dedicated to carrying out cutting edge research on disability issues and overcoming obstacles to independent living. Headquarters in Oakland, California