- Canine Companions for Independence - A non-profit organization that provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities and to professional caregivers.
- Dogs for the Deaf - Oregon-based organization that rescues and professionally trains hearing dogs to alert people to sounds that are necessary to everyday safety and independence. Dogs are also thoroughly obedience trained.
- Georgia Canines for Independence - Trains service dogs for children and adults with physical disabilties
- Guide Dogs for the Blind - A nonprofit, charitable organization that provides guide dogs and training to visually impaired people in the United States and Canada.
- Guiding Eyes - Organization that raises and trains guide dogs and offers training programs at a center in Yorktown Heights, NY. Blind individuals train there, learning how to work with guide dogs that match their individual needs. Programs are free of charge.
- Leader Dogs for the Blind - A Michgan-based non-profit organization that trains dogs to lead the blind and provides facilities and means whereby trained dogs can be matched to a blind master.
- Learn About the Different Types of Service Dogs - Information about different types of service dogs.
- National Service Dogs - NSD trains assistance dogs for Canadians with different disabilities. Located in New Hamburg, Ontario. Works with specially bred Labrador and Golden Retrievers.
- Paws with a Cause - Trains assistance dogs in the US for people with disabilities and provides lifetime team support. PAWS® promotes awareness through education.
- Service Dog Directory - Directory of service dog resources, including training schools in the US and internationally.
- The Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation - Guide dog school located in New England; breeds, raises and trains German shepherd guide dogs to be placed with blind men and women.